Internship & Volunteer Opportunities Available
If you or anyone you know might like to join us as an intern or as a volunteer, we are always looking to add to our team. We are looking for people to help with content and/or outreach. Below is the link to our fall internship offering, but volunteers who want to help us get the word out during our trips out around the city to parks, squares, and other public places, are also welcome. Be in touch any time: DecideNYC@gmail.com
Our current or most recent internship listing can be found here! Check it out and apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to Managing Director Ben Max: DecideNYC@gmail.com
Previously: Read our 2013 Decide NYC Summer Internship posting for a general feel:
Decide NYC is a project devoted to engaging, educating, and activating New York City voters by creating a comprehensive online resource at DecideNYC.com that is a guide to the 2013 city elections and city politics in general, and, by reaching out to voters all over the city to increase their awareness of the election cycle and our resource.
Commitment: 15-30 hours/week, 10 weeks
Location: remote, 2-3 meetings/week, 2-3 events/week
Responsibilities (may include):
update existing site content by:
- following specific races and candidates of the election cycle to update profiles
- conducting internet research on specific issue topics and other non-race content
create original site content by:
- attending campaign and race events and writing blog articles
- contributing to the weekly e-newsletter and other site products
- coming up with and executing new ideas for content
- participating in voter outreach by:
- speaking with voters and handing out materials at locations throughout the city, including parks, squares, fairs, subway stops, etc.
- contributing to the site’s social media by:
- professionalism (punctuality, dress, responsibility, communication)
- energy, enthusiasm, strong work ethic
- representing the organization appropriately online and off
- skills:ability to travel throughout the city for occasional meetings and events
- time management
- attention to detail
- internet research
- professional oral and written communication
- access to a computer and the internet
DecideNYC.com is New Yorkers’ guide to the 2013 city elections and New York City politics in general. The site provides what New Yorkers need to follow any or all of the races of 2013 as they consider those vying for their votes and attempt to make wise choices. The site includes a database of who is running for what, where, and why; with a breakdown of each of the races for Mayor, Public Advocate, Comptroller, five Borough President positions, 51 City Council seats, and two district attorney positions; a profile of each candidate seeking office; details about endorsements, campaign fundraising, and the most important issues facing New Yorkers; and much more. We are a rapidly-growing force in New York City politics, building a tremendous resource for voters, journalists, candidates, and campaign personnel.
We have summer internship positions available for motivated individuals who want to be a part of New York City’s most exciting political year in decades. Internship roles vary and are flexible, but all will consist of substantive work contributing to the coverage of these races and our outreach efforts. Work will mostly be done remotely, along with 2-3 in-person meetings per week, and 2-3 events per week.
Interested candidates should email Managing Director Ben Max at DecideNYC@gmail.com with a resume and cover letter that outlines the candidate’s interests, experience, and hopes for involvement with this project.
We look forward to hearing from you as we help Decide NYC.